So, the title actually has nothing to do with the content of this post, other than the fact that it’s gloomy and rainy and cold out (thank you Hurricane Gustav). I just checked B’s blog and realized I’d been “tagged”. I figure, sure, I’m game. I can at least make an effort to play along…I can’t promise this will be super interesting though…so here goes.
The tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you’re tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
I’m not really sure I can come up with six random things but here’s my attempt:
(1) I am somewhat OCD. Yes, I have a type A, a place for everything and everything in it’s place mentality (although I’m pretty sure my husband would disagree and show you a picture of the chair in our room covered with clothes to prove it). But here’s the thing - if I eat M&Ms, Skittles, anything like that where there are multiple colors, I eat them two at a time, and only eat the same colors together (i.e. two yellows, two reds, etc.). If there are odd men out, I make Nathan eat them.
(2) I am a sucker for hot dogs at sporting events…hot links at OSU football games and a DP…can’t beat it!
(3) I’m stealing this idea from one of B’s random things but this is true: ever since a business trip to Boston a few years ago, I’ve wanted to be a tugboat captain. I realize it’s hard and potentially dangerous work, but I’m always up for a challenge and I just like the ocean air. Plus, I’m amazed that those teeny tiny little boats can move a ginormous ship out of a channel or port to open sea.
(4) I wake up every night at least once, between 2 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. (usually right around 3:30). I don’t know why, but it’s highly annoying.
(5) I hate summer, love fall and winter. I love cold weather and love sleeping with the windows open (even though I’m not technically supposed to because of the whole allergy thing…). I love to snuggle up on the couch with a blanket and some hot chocolate or tea, things that aren’t really as much fun when it’s topping 100 degrees outside and our a/c can’t keep up!
(6) I worry that people think I’m lazy or don’t have any drive because I don’t have a “real job” (meaning an 8-5 job). I have 2 degrees and one and a half professional certifications, but quite honestly, the thought of going back to the corporate rat race is enough to make me literally sick to my stomach. Some women have that “I’m going all the way to the top of this company no matter who I have to step on to get there” mentality and that’s just not me. I personally don’t see anything wrong with wanting to stay home with kids (which, granted, I don’t actually have yet, but that’s not the point), but there have been MANY people who have asked me “so, when you get your CPA, where are you going to look for a job?” as if anything less than an 80 hour work week is a sign of someone who is lazy and unmotivated. Those same people I suppose don’t understand that I’m trying to finish this CPA certification for my own personal satisfaction - to say that I did it and if, down the road somewhere, I decide to put it to use, then that’s fine. I just don’t know why it’s absolutely necessary that I get a “real job” unless that’s what we decide is best for us. (Stepping down off of my soapbox…)
So, I apologize if those weren’t the most exciting random things…that’s what I can come up with right now, not having had any caffeine this morning. Now, I tag…
Lana, Kim Wallace, Sara Langum (and yes, I realize that’s only 3 but off the top of my head, they’re the only people I know that have blogs!).
No comments:
Post a Comment